Here we are: FLU season. So, here’s the question of the day.
Are you going to get a flu shot this year?
No man, when you get a flu shot and it GIVES you the flu!
You go get a flu vaccine.
Later that day — You got the fu. PERIOD.
Now, if you ask your doctor, nurse, pharmacist etc. They will all tell you that it’s not true. I did a Google search, the results?
It’s a myth. See what I mean?
OK. Now go bust out that info on a true believer.
I personally have met and know score’s of people that hold to this conviction. They refuse to get a flu shot because it will make them sick.
Get a shot:
This is what happens:
- Fever (usually high)
- Muscle aches
- Extreme tiredness
- Dry cough
- Bed rest. You ain’t going nowhere.
All the family, friends and acquaintance’s that hold this view I have total respect for. It has not happened to me. But if it did I’d join their camp.
With bells on.
My Flu Shot Method
- I only get it if it’s cheap or free. (It is a gamble, right?)
- I take a good dose of Ibuprofen before its administered
- I tell myself: “This will keep me healthy – It’s a good thing”
- I only do ONE per year. (Whats this 2 and 3 stuff?)
- I take the day off — “just in case”
I asked a friend recently if he was gonna get a flu shot this year.
Ya know what he said?
Not just no….But HELL NO!
Sometimes ya gotta just go with the gut. You dig?
- New numbers suggest many refused H1N1 vaccine (ctv.ca)
- Allegheny Medical Offers Flu Vaccines to Help Decrease the Risk of Severe Flu Illness This Year (prweb.com)
- No rush predicted for flu shots (thegazette.com)